By Montague Rhodes James
M. R. James (1862-1936) is maybe most sensible remembered as a author of chilling ghost tales, yet he was once an excellent pupil of medieval literature and palaeography, who served either as Provost of King's collage, Cambridge, and as Director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, and plenty of of his tales mirror his educational history. His specified descriptive catalogues of manuscripts owned by way of faculties, cathedrals and museums are nonetheless of worth to students this present day. James' catalogue of the manuscript holdings of Pembroke university was once first released in 1905. Now reissued, it is going to be welcomed via librarians and researchers alike.
Read Online or Download A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Pembroke College, Cambridge PDF
Similar nonfiction_3 books
This is often the 1st quantity of a suite of unique and evaluation articles on contemporary advances and new instructions in a multifaceted and interconnected zone of arithmetic and its purposes. It encompasses many themes in theoretical advancements in operator concept and its various purposes in utilized arithmetic, physics, engineering, and different disciplines.
The Technical and Vocational schooling Initiative (TVEI) has been an immense curriculum innovation for faculties and faculties within the uk through the mid-eighties. It has initiated a brand new type of curriculum improvement via categoric investment and a brand new concentration for the schooling of 14-18 yr olds that's vocational, useful and provides scholars extra accountability for his or her personal studying.
In cellular DNA, best geneticist Haig Kazazian completely reports our present realizing of the significant function cellular genetic components play in genome and organism evolution and serve as. He deals an available highbrow historical past of cellular DNA, wealthy and insightful views on how investigators ask and solution examine questions, and his predictions approximately destiny advancements and learn instructions for this lively box.
- The Manager's Pocket Guide to Emotional Intelligence (The Manager's Pocket Guides)
- Codes of Conduct: Race, Ethics, and the Color of Our Character
- The Beauty of Christ Through Brokenness
- The Krapina Neandertals : a comprehensive, centennial, illustrated bibliography
- The Seed of the Toc-Toc Birds
Extra info for A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Pembroke College, Cambridge
4. 5. II. 6. Ends f. i. in secreto pres(en)cie sue. Expl. Note psalterii. Some notes in ink and pencil follow. Super Isaiam . . . . . Lectulum Salomonis lx fortes Ends f. 173 a sed ecclesia parit. Expl. glose super ysayam. (In the hand of 1). Super Ieremiam . . Posuit moyses in occidentali latere. Ends f. 192 b: nee dolet de peccato. Finis super Jeremiam. Super Danielem Sicut in tabernaculo domini eran(t) tabule. Ends f. 204 b : quia hinc pax erat. Super xii prophetas Facies rationale iudicii in quo sculpes xii gemmas.
Fol ^9r Ailredum Abb. Rievall. De Anima MS. fol 205 f. 93. Marcus Frank (1664). 2 (f. 113) No. 212 MS. Dr Franke 97 f. 99. Th. Stanley. Album Amicorum Abrahami Ortelii 2 79 William Mundy's name and arms are entered on an unnumbered leaf, but not his gifts. The last name is that of Jo. Whalley. A t the end of the volume, occupying 18 leaves, is a Catalogue of the manuscripts in two alphabets, written by Wren. I t seems not to contain any volumes now missing. In 1799 it was copied by Clement Chevallier, Fellow, who does not add any of the subsequent donations.
197 Hugo de Vienna in Esaiam i84 lib. Sapient. . . . 185 Epistolas 186 Eusebius (? printed). 15. Walt. Stratton. Hugo de arra animae etc. . • . . 238 Practica Gilberti etc. 169 16, 17. Have no titles of books. 18. T. Westhaugh. Virgil 260 Boethius (Whetly) 155 Comm. super Galenum 228 Speculum Regum etc 206 Sermones Comestoris 159 Serm. de Sacram. Neophyt. etc 256 r Gorham in Epistolas 73 Greg. Moralia 1, 2, 3 177—179 Excerptiones ex opusc. Gregorii 174 C 2 XXV111 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24.