By Gregory L. Holmes MD, Steven C. Schachter, Dr. Dorothee GA Kasteleijn-Nolst Trenite "MD MPH"
"The box of epilepsy and behaviour has grown significantly long ago variety of years, reflecting advances within the laboratory and sanatorium. Behavioral elements of Epilepsy: rules and Practice is the definitive textual content on epilepsy behavioral matters, from uncomplicated technology to scientific purposes, for all neurologists, psychosocial experts, and researchers within the fields of epilepsy, neuroscience, and psychology/psychiatry.
Behavioral elements of epilepsy contain a patient's stories in the course of seizures, his or her response in the course of and among seizures, the frequency of episodes and what might be made up our minds from the variety of seizures. With contributions by means of dozens of major foreign specialists, this is often the one publication to hide all points of this serious rising technological know-how. grownup and pediatric sufferers, animal types, and epilepsy surgical procedure and its results are all coated in detail.
- Behavioral elements of Epilepsy is the one resource for up to date details on an issue that has major and growing to be curiosity within the clinical neighborhood. This accomplished, authoritative textual content has a bench to bedside, procedure that covers:
- The mechanisms underlying epilepsy and behavior
- Neurophysiologic function
- Neuropsychiatric and behavioral issues in sufferers with epilepsy
- The results of remedies and surgical procedure on behavior
- Pediatric and adolescent epilepsy
- Disorders linked to epilepsy that effect behavior
- And a lot more"
Read Online or Download Behavioral Aspects of Epilepsy: Principles and Practice PDF
Best neuropsychology books
This self-contained textual content for complicated undergraduate and graduate scholars is dedicated to classical quasistatic difficulties of rate-independent plasticity thought. It discusses the finite point approach for either viscoplastic and rate-independent plastic solids, as well as huge deformation plasticity numerical equipment for rate-based formulations and hyperelastic equipment.
Now in a considerably revised moment version, this remarkable textual content provides scholars a pretty good grounding in scientific and experimental neuropsychology. the writer is a number one authority whose enticing writing sort and thorough but concise insurance of mind localization, anatomy, and their hyperlinks to cognitive functionality make the ebook perfect for undergraduate or graduate use.
The Routledge instruction manual of verbal exchange issues presents an replace on key concerns and study within the medical program of the speech, language and listening to sciences in either kids and adults. concentrating on parts of state-of-the-art learn, this guide showcases what we all know approximately conversation problems, and their evaluate and remedy.
The concise, easy-to-understand Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, sixth variation offers scholars and clinicians with a pragmatic advisor for the research and figuring out of neurology in speech-language pathology (SLP). Correlated with medical syndromes and ailments obvious in SLP, it provides a high-quality realizing of the fearful process, together with: improvement of the anxious method, association of the mind, protecting mechanisms, descending motor and ascending sensory pathways, and cranial nerves.
- My age of anxiety : fear, hope, dread, and the search for peace of mind
- Sensation and Perception: A History of the Philosophy of Perception
- Antiepileptic Drugs to Treat Psychiatric Disorders
- Metabolic and Degenerative Diseases of the Central Nervous System: Pathology, Biochemistry, and Genetics
- A Basic Theory of Neuropsychoanalysis
Extra resources for Behavioral Aspects of Epilepsy: Principles and Practice
The results suggest that neural 1 • BEHAVIOR-SEIZURE CORRELATES changes underlying the genesis of interictal emotionality may be related closely to those mediating epileptogenesis itself. Another study evaluated the exploratory activity of an inbred rat strain derived from progenitors that have been selected for audiogenic seizure susceptibility. The exploratory activity of audiogenic seizuresusceptible and -resistant rats was measured using the open field and the elevated plus maze models of anxiety.
Another conditioned effect of seizures is the increased likelihood of recurrent seizures arising as a facilitative consequence of seizure history (3). The conditioned nature of this plasticity is evident in that every episode is to some extent an effect of preceding ones and a cause of subsequent ones. Proposed mechanisms for such seizure facilitation include loss in inhibitory neurotransmission via hippocampal pathology. Thus, the aims of any laboratory study examining the efficacy of causal environmental factors in seizure induction are perhaps best served by minimizing the number of prior seizures 2 • ENVIRONMENT AND SOCIAL FACTORS in experimental animals or, alternatively, employing a time-to-first-seizure-dependent measure to remove this potential confound (4).
4. 5. 6. Myerson A. Eugenical sterilization: a reorientation of the problem. New York: Macmillan; 1936. Schridde U, van Luijtelaar G. The role of the environment on the development of spikewave discharges in two strains of rats. Physiol Behav 2005; 84(3):379–386. Todorova MT, Burwell TJ, Seyfried TN. Environmental risk factors for multifactorial epilepsy in EL mice. Epilepsia 1999; 40(12):1697–1707. Dichter MA. Models of epileptogenesis in adult animals available for antiepileptogenesis drug screening.