By Henry Benjamin
Practice for the CCNP BSCI examination with hands-on, networking lab scenarios
- Ramp up your routing information with greater than forty useful lab situations
- Reinforce your CCNP examination instruction with step by step, hands-on router configuration
- Get on top of things with complicated OSPF and IS-IS configuration, summarization, and redistribution
- Gain talent in a complicated BGP atmosphere with synchronization, groups and peer teams, and static and policy-based routing
- Perfect your EIGRP configuration and summarization talents
- Apply skillability received through the booklet with RIP to OSPF migration
- Use VLSMs to increase using IP addresses
- Test routing connectivity utilizing accredited troubleshooting recommendations
- Take your coaching to the subsequent point with an advantage CCIE lab, written by way of a well-liked member of the CCIE staff at Cisco Systems
Indispensable as either a router configuration consultant and a training software for the CCNP BSCI examination, CCNP functional reviews: Routing will organize you for the examination and provides you the hands-on adventure to use your wisdom at the activity. CCNP useful reviews: Routing provide you with routing and configuration info from IP fundamentals to complicated routing recommendations and protocols, reminiscent of BGP and IS-IS, that's the latest addition to the BSCI examination. each one bankruptcy makes a speciality of a particular routing know-how or protocol with a battery of situations and sensible routines so that you can both configure utilizing your place, paintings, or remote-access lab gear or stick to alongside by way of reviewing the book's instance initiatives. The 5 lab eventualities in every one bankruptcy serve to problem your knowing of the bankruptcy subject matters and degree your flair as a CCNP candidate, whereas supplying concrete examples of the demanding situations confronted in real-world configuration.
CCNP functional stories: Routing offers you sensible info on the entire very important techniques significant to the CCNP Routing examination, together with easy and complicated BGP and OSPF, EIGRP, direction reflectors, IP routing ideas, and IS-IS. start with simple lab situations that conceal exhibiting and studying IP routing tables and utilizing express and debug instructions. Then graduate to extra complex lab eventualities, akin to routing among a classful and a classless community; configuring VLSM; and dealing with multihomed BGP and connections to ISPs. Lab situations on the finish of the ebook take you step by step via direction optimization and redistribution. This e-book additionally features a bonus CCIE®-level lab, which takes you past the pro point labs and onto the next move in turning into a hands-on routing expert.
Whether you're looking sensible wisdom to reinforce your training for the CCNP BSCI examination otherwise you are a newly minted CCNP searching for hands-on event to hone your on-the-job talents, CCNP sensible reviews: Routing has what you want to take your functional routing talents to the subsequent level.
Read Online or Download CCNP Practical Studies: Routing Exam 642-801 BSCI PDF
Best networking books
Giant, advanced applied sciences, numerous suitable issues, likely unlimited documentation of criteria and suggestions… In a box as dynamic as instant know-how, how is one to take care of while the very activity of determining which courses to learn and which assets belong in your shelf should be daunting?
- Mapping Sustainability: Knowledge e-Networking and the Value Chain
- Gender, Health, and Cultures: Networking for a better Future for Women within an enlarged Europe
- Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
- IEEE Transactions on Networking (February)
- Digital Compensation for Analog Front-Ends: A New Approach to Wireless Transceiver Design
- The Truth About Networking for Success: The Top Tips to Becoming a Great Networker, The Facts You Should Know
Additional resources for CCNP Practical Studies: Routing Exam 642-801 BSCI
NOTE Cisco IOS gives you even more IP address space by allowing the use of subnet zero with the IOS command ip subnet-zero. Of course non-Cisco devices may not understand subnet zero. A good use for subnet zero would be for WAN links or loopback interfaces and conserving IP address space for real hosts, such as UNIX devices and user PCs. 1/24. When designing any IP network, you must answer the following core questions: • • • • • • • • • • • How many subnets are available? What IP ranges will be used; will private address space be applied to conserve public addresses?
0 no ip directed-broadcast ! 0 no ip directed-broadcast ! 0 no ip directed-broadcast ! interface Serial0/0 shutdown 52 ! 252 no ip directed-broadcast clockrate 128000 ! 0 ! 0 ! hostname R2 ! enable password cisco no ip domain-lookup ! 0 no ip directed-broadcast ! 0 no ip directed-broadcast ! 0 no ip directed-broadcast ! 0 ! interface Serial1/0 shutdown ! 252 ip directed-broadcast ! interface Serial1/2 shutdown ! interface Serial1/3 shutdown ! 0 ! 53 line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 transport input none line aux 0 line vty 0 4 !
Viewing IP Routing Tables Now view the routing tables on R1 and R2 in Scenario 2-1 to see what exactly is described in an IP routing table. Example 2-9 displays R1's routing table. 0 is is is is is is subnetted, 5 subnets directly connected, Loopback2 directly connected, Loopback1 directly connected, Loopback0 directly connected, Serial0/1 directly connected, Ethernet0/0 47 R1# Example 2-10 displays R2's IP routing table. 0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet0/0 R2# Both of these cases show routing entries for only directly connected interfaces, which are denoted by the C on the left side of each routing table.