Read or Download Cisco - Introduction to Voice and Telephone Technology 401 PDF
Similar networking books
Significant, complicated applied sciences, numerous suitable themes, possible unlimited documentation of criteria and suggestions… In a box as dynamic as instant expertise, how is one to take care of whilst the very job of determining which courses to learn and which assets belong in your shelf will be daunting?
- Wireless and Mobile Networking: IFIP Joint Conference on Mobile Wireless Communications Networks (MWCN'2008) and Personal Wireless Communications (PWC'2008), ... Federation for Information Processing)
- Networked Control Systems
- Programa fisico y nutricional definitivo EL NEW YORK BODY PLAN (Spanish Edition)
- Toward a national research network
- City leadership for health. Summary evaluation of Phase IV of the WHO European Healthy Cities Network
Additional info for Cisco - Introduction to Voice and Telephone Technology 401
105 401 0985_05f9_c1 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc.
5 Km loop length • At the U-Reference point (PRA) T1/E1 standard 401 0985_05f9_c1 95 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc. 930/931 Call setup, call supervision, call tear down, and supplementary services Uses standard set of messages to communicate 401 0985_05f9_c1 96 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc. Cisco Systems Confidential 48 D-Channel Encapsulation Layer 3 Layer 2 Protocol Length of Discriminator Call Reference Flag Address Control Layer 1 401 0985_05f9_c1 Call Reference Message Type Information CRC Information Elements Flag D Channel (16 Kbps or 64 Kbps) 97 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco Systems Confidential 39 Other Useful Voice QoS Schemes in IP • Custom Queuing, Priority Queuing and Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ) • Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) • IP Precedence Bit setting in the ToS Field of the IP Header • Compressed Real Time Protocol (CRTP) 401 0985_05f9_c1 79 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc. Summary • Voice traffic engineering principles still apply • Packet-based voice trunks can provide efficiency with high quality if properly engineered • The biggest impact on voice quality over a data network will be as a result of the delay and delay variation 401 0985_05f9_c1 80 © 1999, Cisco Systems, Inc.