By John Cowley
Laptop communications and networks are an essential component of any machine technology measure, with the know-how transforming into ever extra pervasive in smooth life.
This transparent and easy-to-follow textbook provides a close advent to the necessities of networking and communications applied sciences, supported by means of quite a few diagrams, examples and workouts designed to extend self belief in utilizing and knowing communications platforms. completely revised and up to date, this much-anticipated new version keeps the preferred step by step process of the unique, organised to aid these with out a powerful wisdom of the subject material to understand the cloth quickly.
Topics and features:
* presents chapter-ending summaries and evaluation questions, an Appendix on TCP/IP packet codecs and an multiplied Glossary
* offers supplementary fabric on the linked Springer web site, together with educating slides, recommendations to the end-of-chapter questions and supplementary workouts with solutions
* provides a better emphasis on cellular computing and community safeguard, and prolonged insurance of IPv6 (NEW)
* Discusses networking versions and criteria, neighborhood zone and broad quarter networks, community protocols, TCP/IP-based networks, community administration and instant communications
* Examines grid and cloud computing, microblogging, cellular advert hoc networks, near-field communique, energy over Ethernet and the floor Positioning procedure (NEW)
Written in particular for undergraduate scholars of computing with out earlier event within the box, this accomplished and authoritative textbook attracts upon the author’s a long time of training event.
Read or Download Communications and Networking: An Introduction (2nd Edition) (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science) PDF
Similar networking books
Monstrous, complicated applied sciences, numerous suitable issues, doubtless unlimited documentation of criteria and proposals… In a box as dynamic as instant know-how, how is one to take care of while the very job of finding out which courses to learn and which assets belong in your shelf should be daunting?
- Core and Metro Networks (Wiley Series on Communications Networking & Distributed Systems)
- Virtual Networking Management White Paper
- Die natürlichen PFLANZENFAMILIEN. Phytolaccaceae
- TCP..IP Sockets in Java : Practical Guide for Programmers Morgan Kaufmann Practical Guides Series
- Dynamics On and Of Complex Networks: Applications to Biology, Computer Science, and the Social Sciences
- Cramsession - CCNP - Building Cisco Multilayer Switch Networks
Additional resources for Communications and Networking: An Introduction (2nd Edition) (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science)
Limited data suggest that prostatic adenocarcinoma containing neuroendocrine cells are more resistant to hormonal treatment. Similarly patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma containing numerous neuroendocrine cells seem to have a worse prognosis . On the other hand, patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma or non-small cell cancer whose cancer contains many neuroendocrine cells, seem to have a better prognosis . In addition, there are some other pitfalls in the interpretation of CgA levels.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:775–780. 20 Buscail L, Saint-Laurent N, Chastre E, Vaillant JC, Gespach C, Capella G, Kalthoff H, Lluis F, Vaysse N, Susini C: Loss of sst2 somatostatin receptor gene expression in human pancreatic and colorectal cancer. Cancer Res 1996;56: 1823–1827. 32 21 Patel YC: Molecular pharmacology of somatostatin receptor subtypes. J Endocrinol Invest 1997;20:348–367. 22 Zheng H, Bailey A, Jiang MH, Honda K, Chen HY, Trumbauer ME, Van der Ploeg LH, Schaeffer JM, Leng G, Smith RG: Somatostatin receptor subtype 2 knockout mice are refractory to growth hormone-negative feedback on arcuate neurons.
Published results and circulating levels of CgA from different centers may vary depending on what assay they have been using. The plasma levels of CgA are elevated in various peptide-producing neuroendocrine tumors and the highest levels are noted in patients with metastatic carcinoid tumors, particularly midgut carcinoids . In malignant EPT plasma CgA varies from slightly elevated to extreme levels. Plasma CgB is usually a better marker for benign insulin-producing tumors than CgA. In an earlier study, involving 44 patients with malignant carcinoid tumors, 17 patients with sporadic EPT and 11 patients with EPT as part of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1), plasma level of CgA was increased in 99%, whereas CgB was increased in 88% and CgC in 6% and pancreastatin in 46% of the patients, illustrating that it is definitely superior to measure CgA compared to pancreastatin .